I have been reading the chapter Samsara in the book Siddhartha. In this chapter something unexpected happens. Siddhartha continues his life as a rich merchant. I would have never imagine Siddhartha leaving in a world of having all the good stuff. He starts wearing the best cloth, eating the finest food, and doing things he was not used to do. I could no believe it when I read that chapter because how come Siddhartha that suffered for a time passed to the good life. Still during the chapter we can see a clear example that Siddhartha was not being himself. He was not being himself because he had dreams saying that he was not living the world he should be living. In the book it says "But slowly and imperceptibly, with the passing of seasons, his mockery and feeling of superiority diminished."this quote explains that through the book Siddhartha's feeling started to go away. Here would be another clear example that Siddhartha's dream had something to do with his life. His dreams demonstrated that something was going "Awakening from his dream, he was overwhelmed by a feeling of great sadness." I infer that this quote has to do with Siddhartha future telling him that he is not okay.
At the end of the chapter Siddhartha feels like he has wasted his time leaving that way in a "worthless and senseless manner..." but I disagree with him I do not think he wasted his time. Instead I believe he learned a new way of life and that its possible for you to live in that way. Siddhartha will continue his journey and I believe there will be a drastic change.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario